Wednesday, January 9, 2008

还王子律一个公道



Some non-MediaCorp magazine articles tried to 影射王子律耍大牌 which is really unfair. Since I was the one who 封他为Ch U 韩流大使, I should tell you the real story here.

If I were his manager, I would also be upset if I came all the way to Singapore to hand out a ‘Best Supporting Award’ (the word ‘supporting’ sounds very ‘2nd class’ lah). Still, 王子律 professionally accepted the explanation about the ‘significance’ and gave out the award with the Queen of MediaCorp.

If I were him, I might even storm out of the whole event if I found out that 小猪 was the only one invited to sing at the main award show while I got to sing only at the Post Award Show (even though the explanation was小猪 had to leave for the airport for a midnight flight). 王子律 still fulfilled his promise and sang.

Look at what his on-screen lover 尹恩惠 did when she visited Taiwan recently…I hear she only attended a ‘mass press conference’ and declined all other engagements. 王子律 not only obliged to a press conference, accepted my invitation to be Ch U’s K-Wave Ambassador free-of-charge, met every individual media for a face-to-face interview but rehearsed and sang at Star Awards on Day 1 alone.

He might have his own personal reason to cancel an arrangement on Day 2 to go to Sentosa (he expressed interest to visit Sentosa) for a cover story with i-Weekly at the last minute…I am OK with that because he had already done so much more than any other Korean stars (they are ‘well-known’ to do very little for publicity).

Even though he had to cancel his morning shoot, he still turned up at MediaCorp in the afternoon to shoot a series of TV spots and photos for the channel. During the shoot, he felt pressurized with all the Mandarin and English scripts to memorize; he suddenly 蹲下来as a gesture of ‘giving up’. 王子就是要哄一哄吗…he still finished the TV shoot eventually and appeared to be more at ease with still photo shoot (even posing happily in various outfits). I feel he is very real and cute lah (不喜欢的人就说他是耍大牌).

I 照待过大牌脾气要不得的艺人, I wouldn’t count 王子律 as one. He is still a likeable and cute 王子.

No comments: